
I really love haiku, the Japanese 5-7-5 non rhyming poetry format. The Japanese art of composing haiku is to cram as much meaning into these 17 syllables as possible, but I like haiku because it's easy to write and even easier to be silly. Here are some good ones brought to you by the internet:
A mourning dove feeds
In a marijuana bush
And sings a high coo.
by Tad Lawson
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator.
In Japan, they are considering replacing the impersonal and unhelpful Microsoft Error messages with Haiku poetry messages:
Serious error
All shortcuts have disappeared
Screen. Mind. Both are blank.
or
With searching comes loss
And the presence of absence:
"My Novel" not found.
Here's one from a daily Beer Haiku website:
That joke from last night
Is even less funny now
Than when you told it.
Aaanyways, you get the idea. Haiku tend to be either irritating puns or totally stupid. But some are funny, though not gut-busting role on the floor side-aching funny. More like "hehe that's funny" funny: just enough to elicit a quiet grunt of appreciation.

How could I resist?
ReplyDeleteBut to drop a quick Haiku.
Don't mind if I do.
Love you, Dugaldo!
ReplyDeleteLove replying in verse but
It takes a long time.